The Brehon, Killarney Goes Green
The Brehon, Killarney has been awarded a Gold Medal from GreenHospitality.ie for its dedication to protecting the environment.
GreenHospitality.ie grant their awards to businesses that reduce energy and waste costs and implement environmentally friendly policies on an ongoing basis. The Gold Award is the mark of best practice in environmentally responsible tourism. Only businesses that have implemented an environmental management programme that is designed to reduce their energy, water and waste footprint and emissions, whilst maintaining their quality of service achieve this award.
“The team at The Brehon is fully committed to this smart approach and have made substantial reductions in their energy and water consumptions and reduced the amount of waste going to landfill. They engage fully with their guests and are always looking to make further improvements as they have embedded this culture within their team,” said Maurice J Bergin, Managing Director of GreenHospitality.ie
The Brehon operates a series of environmental practices across the hotel with the intention of securing a greener future. Both the staff members and hotel guests are encouraged to actively reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint through a series of everyday practices. Waste, be it refuse, water or energy is monitored in the hotel, with major emphasis on the principle; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. For example, each department has an energy checklist to do on each shift and staff have been trained on items such as waste segregation.
“The Brehon’s Green Team, led by Sinead McCarthy and Tara Dolan, have worked tirelessly over the past year to improve upon and execute our environmental management system which has already significantly reduced the hotel’s carbon footprint,” says Brian Bowler, General Manager. “Every team member in every department contributed to improving our practices around recycling, energy consumption and communication both internally and to our customers and we look forward to making further improvements.
Summary Of Awards:
- Finalists in Kellings Gold Medal Awards 2016 in the Hotel and Catering Review for Irelands Wedding Venue and Irelands Hotel Spa - Four Star.
- Gold Medal from GreenHospitality.ie
- Silver Merit from the CIE Excellence Awards.
- Trip Advisor Travellers Choice Awards Top 25 hotels in Ireland in 2015.
- Gold Medal at the IASI Awards of Excellence.
- Tripadvisors Certificate of Excellence for Angsana Spa.
- Best Customer Experience Award at the 2013 Hotel and Catering Review Gold Medal Awards .
- Danu Restaurant Awarded AA Rosette.
- Highest rated 4* Hotel in Ireland, with a 97% grading from Failte Ireland.
- Brides of Limerick Best Kerry Wedding Venue 2015.