Frequently Asked Questions
The Brehon Hotel & Angsana Spa
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you do not find the answers you're looking for, please contact us for further assistance.
Our Covid-19 Protocol
As responsible hoteliers and event organisers and in line with our company values, the health and safety of all those who attend our events is our primary concern and priority. The Gleneagle Group has a designated team to coordinate our Covid-19 safety activities. We are committed to taking action and have implemented the following measures:
- We are assessing, monitoring and implementing recommendations and best practice from the WHO and HSE
- We have provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
- We have circulated HSE guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
- We have displayed HSE guidelines on personal hygiene throughout the hotel
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
- We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19.
HSE Guidelines for Customers
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
- Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
- Measures to protect against the spread of COVID-19 at mass gathering events
-wash your hands properly and regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
-cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand rub
-do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
-Read available information and recommendations available on the mass gathering event’s website, social media pages prior to attending the event
High risk groups - those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
-People aged 65 years and older
-People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
If you are in a high risk group, consider if attending the mass gathering is in your best interest.
Discuss your concerns with your doctor
- Keep your distance from people who are sick
- Read distributed leaflets and signage when attending mass gathering events
- Follow the instructions of organisers and health personnel while at the event
- Be mindful of alcohol and drug use, as these may limit your ability to follow advice of the organisers and emergency personnel
Where is the Brehon Hotel located?
The Brehon Hotel is located on the Muckross Road, Killarney, Co Kerry. The GPS Coordinates for The Brehon Hotel Killarney is: Lat: 52.0459942,-9.5045593 .
How do I book using a voucher for The Brehon?
To book your stay using a The Brehon Hotel Voucher please call our Reservations team on (064) 66 30700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your voucher number or code.
How do I make a reservation for a large group? (Hen party, stag party, sports club etc.)
Group reservations may have different rates and booking requirements. To request a reservation for your group or for more information, please contact our Group Sales Team on (064) 66 71550 or email our Group Sales Manager Brian Miley at email@example.com
How do I get to The Brehon Hotel?
The Brehon Hotel is located on the Muckross Road (N71), on the left-hand side approximately 1km from Killarney town centre. The INEC concert and music venue is situated just a short 100metre stroll from The Brehon. Our address is as follows: Muckross Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland V93 RT22
From Cork take the N22 to Killarney, on reaching Killarney follow signs for Muckross Road N71, the hotel is on the left-hand side approximately 1km from Killarney town centre. From Kerry Airport, take the N22 towards Killarney and follow the signs for the Muckross Road N71, The Brehon Hotel is on the left-hand side approximately 1km from Killarney town centre.
From Shannon Airport, take the N18 to Limerick, take the N21 to Castleisland, then take the N22 to Killarney and follow the signs for the Muckross Road. The Brehon Hotel is on the left-hand side approximately 1km from Killarney town centre .
GPS Coordinates: Lat 52.0459942 Long -9.5045593
How do I make a reservation in The Brehon Hotel?
To make a reservation you can book directly on our website www.thebrehon.com or you can call our reservations team on (064) 66 30700.
How do I modify a reservation in the brehon hotel?
Plans change all the time, so if you need to change your hotel booking, we've made it as easy as possible to sort it quickly and simply online.
Bookings made with www.thebrehon.com
If your booking was made on thebrehon.com, you can change the room type, stay dates, or package via our Manage My Booking facility. However if your booking was made via our Reservations Team, please contact us in order to make the required changes.
Please be aware that if you also purchased hotel extras directly from www.thebrehon.com such as tickets, these are not automatically transferred to your new booking and must be rebooked.
• Your confirmation email contains a link and instructions on modifying your booking if you wish to do so.
• Changes can be made up to 48 hours before your confirmed arrival date, after which all money associated with the accommodation is forfeited.
• Changes may be subject to a rate difference depending on the new dates or package purchased.
• You will receive an email confirmation with the reservation and if you wish, you may request that we confirm your booking by mobile SMS.
• You will receive an email confirmation of your cancelled dates once your modified booking has been confirmed.
• Best price guarantee and exclusive packages are always available on our website www.thebrehon.com . We guarantee you will not find lower prices on any other website.
Bookings made through a third party
If your booking was made through a third party (such as a travel agent, online agency such as Booking.com), and you need to change or cancel your booking please contact the original sales agent or website directly.
Do I need a credit card to make a reservation?
Yes, we require a credit card or debit card to secure all reservations. This guarantees your room until your arrival date. Your card can be charged on the day of your arrival to the hotel.
I’m booking for someone else, how do I pay for their stay?
If a booking is made direct on our website you can book an “Advance Purchase Package” as this will allow you to prepay for the booking straight away. If you wish to pay for the booking closer to the date you will need to contact our front of house team with your card and indicate you want this specific card charged for the stay. If you wish to pay with a company card, please email reservations – firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm we can charge the company card provided. You can also call us on (064) 66 30700.
What security deposit is required for group bookings?
A 25% security deposit is required for group bookings for The Brehon Hotel Killarney.
What is the Brehon Hotel Cancellation Policy?
We require 48 hours’ notice to cancel a room free of charge. If you cancel your reservation outside our cancellation policy, you will be charged for the first night’s stay. This applies to bookings made directly on our hotel website, or bookings made over the phone. For third party bookings, please consult their website, however usually the cancellation policy is also 48 hrs for other websites.
What is The Brehon's Meeting Room Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation by the customer.
Written notification of a cancellation in the form of an email is required if unnecessary charges are to be avoided. If we do not receive the required notice of cancellation, the full booking fee may be charged. The following is our policy.
For meetings that are scheduled to last between 1 and 5 hours, we require a minimum of 24 hours notice for cancellations or amendments. When the required notice is provided, no charge will apply. If the required notice is not provided the full booking fee will be charged.
For meetings that are scheduled to last for 5 hours or more we require a minimum of 1 week’s notice of cancellations or amendments for no charge to apply. If provided with notice that is more than 48 hours but less than 1 week – a charge of 50% of the booking fee will apply. If provided with notice that is less than 48 hours, the full booking fee will be charged.
Cancellation by the hotel:
The hotel may cancel any meeting room booking on the basis that; there is a possibility the meeting may become over-subscribed or difficult to manage, it poses a threat of any kind to our management and staff, it may prejudice or potentially damage the reputation of the hotel. In such event, the hotel will refund all advance payments made but will have no further liability to the client. In addition, the hotel may cancel any meeting room booking if the Hotel becomes aware of any deterioration in the client's financial situation such that the Hotel reasonably considers the client may not be able to fulfil its material obligations under the agreement; or if the client fails to pay any sum when due.
The Angsana Spa
For reservations for The Angsana Spa Tel 064 6623980 or email email@example.com.
Please contact our front of house team and we will arrange a Taxi for you. Should you require a wheelchair accessible taxi please contact Macs Taxi- Denis McCarthy on 0876387342. We advise to book in advance.
An Post mail can be franked at the Hotel Reception at the same cost as stamps and we can post the items on your behalf. We also offer a bigger boxes postage for items that won’t fit into your luggage should you wish to post some of your purchases ahead of your flight home.
Can I request a smoking room?
The Brehon Hotel is a non smoking hotel, however if you indicate to us you’re a smoker we will try to allocate one of our handful of balcony rooms, which are located on the first floor at the back of the building
Are there fridges in the hotel rooms?
Yes there are fridges in the some of the bedrooms in The Brehon. If you would like a room that includes a fridge we kindly advise when you to inform us of your request, when you are making your reservation.
We have the following Baby Facilties at The Brehon.
- Bottle Steriliser,
- Baby Cots
- Baby Bowls (In case food needs to be reheated)
Please request should you require any of the above prior to your arrival.
How can I make a special request regarding my stay at The Brehon?
If you have specific needs such as accessibility, dietary requirements or questions regarding your request, please call the hotel directly on (064) 66 30700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for something extra?
If you would like to upgrade to a superior room or would like mark a special occasion on arrival with a bottle of wine, prosecco or chocolates please contact our reservations team on ((064) 66 30700, or email us – email@example.com for prices. We will require a credit card to charge for these items. .
Do you have free parking at The Brehon?
Free parking is available at The Brehon. We have a number of accessible spaces designated and available at two entrances to the hotel.
What are the check in/check out times of The Brehon?
Check in is available from 4pm onwards. If you are arriving after 6pm please contact reception to let them know of your late arrival. Check out for The Brehon Hotel is 11.30am. .
Can I leave my luggage in reception if I arrive before check in starts?
Yes, there is no charge for this service. You can also avail of other facilities of the hotel including Angsana Spa Vitality Pool, while you wait for your bedroom..
Do you have free Wi-Fi at The Brehon?
Yes, WiFi is free for all guests and available in all bedrooms and throughout the hotel.
Is the hotel wheelchair accessible?
Yes, our hotel is accessible throughout. The bar and restaurant are both located on the ground floor, we provide special accessible parking spaces close to both entrances to the hotel, the facilities in the spa are also accessible and you can access all our floors. We also have many accessible bedrooms available. To book this room type please call Reservations directly on 064) 66 30700
What if I leave an item behind?
Please contact reception on 064 66 30700 and we will check lost property for your item.
What time is breakfast/lunch/dinner served?
Breakfast is served from 7.30am - 10.00am (8am - 10.30am at Weekends and Bank Holidays).
Bar Food is served from 12.30-21.00.
Danú at the Brehon is opened daily from 18.30-21.00. (Times subject to seasonal change)
We cater for all dietary requirements and we have a variety of gluten free products which include gluten free breads, gluten free sausages and gluten free cereals as well as having dairy free options available. To make a booking please call us on 064) 66 30700.
How much is Breakfast at The Brehon?
A full Irish breakfast is € 18 per adult & €9 per child.
What time are Church Services near The Brehon Killarney?
Full listings of Church Services available from our front of house team.
Should you need Medical Services during your stay please contact our front of house team, who can contact a doctor on your behalf.
Are there Electric Car Charge Points near The Brehon Hotel?
As part of our ongoing commitment to the environment, we are delighted to announce the introduction of electric car charging points at the carpark next to the Brehon Hotel, between our property and the Gleneagle Hotel.
What activities are there to do near The Brehon Hotel Killarney?
They are a number of activities for people of all ages to do near The Brehon Hotel Killarney.Some activities nearby The Brehon include:
- Gleneagle INEC Arena– great concert venue just across a carpark- 1 min walk
- Ring of Kerry – we are actually located on this scenic route.
- The Gap of Dunloe – just 13.8 Km from The Brehon
- Killarney House – 2.7km from The Brehon
- Torc Waterfall & Mountain – 5.5km from The Brehon
- Muckross House & Gardens – 5.5km from The Brehon
- Muckross Abbey – 4.5 km from the Brehon
- Killarney National Park – 1.4km from The Brehon
- Ross Castle – 3.7km from The Brehon
- Muckross Abbey – 5.4km from The Brehon
- Boat tours can be arranged at the hotel with our front of house team.12. Jaunting car trips can be arranged at the hotel with our front of house team.
- Jaunting car trips can be arranged at the hotel with our front of house team
How close is The Brehon Hotel from Killarney National Park?
Killarney National Park is just a short stroll from the Brehon only 1.4km away.
What leisure facilities are at The Brehon Hotel?The Vitality Suite at The Angsana Spa is designed to enhance your spa journey by preparing and relaxing your body and mind. The Vitality Suite is an adult only facility. Children can avail of the leisure facilities at The Gleneagle Hotel with our compliments.
The Vitality Suite area encompasses the Vitality Pool, Hot Spa, Cold Spa, and Tropical Rain showers. Guests can take a leisurely dip in the vitality pool, refresh, and clear their minds with the infused Herb Sauna or Steam Room.
Are pets permitted?
We do accept guide dogs, but not other animals.
Do you offer hairdryers in your guestrooms?
Yes, we have hairdryers in all our bedrooms.
Do you provide irons and ironing boards for use during my stay?
Yes, all bedrooms are equipped in ironing boards and irons.
Is the hotel air – conditioned?
Yes, the system can is set to heat or cool in all bedrooms to ensure comfort for our guests.
Can children share my room?
We have specific family rooms for families of 2 adults and 1 child as well as Family and Executive suites that can accommodate up to 2 adults and 3 children. There is a supplement of €35 per child per night Including breakfast and the room type has to be booked prior to arrival due to limited availability.
What type of room should I book for three adults?
We would suggest a triple room, a family room or one of our suites. Please call our reservations team for more details on pricing.
What Childrens activities are available?
- Our Fairy Trail on The Brehon lawn
- Aquilla Club in the Gleneagle hotel, with kids pool, Kids club and Teen zone
- Kids Afternoon Tea (must be pre ordered)
- Kennedys Pet Farm, located 8km from Killarney Town Centre
- Muckross House, Traditional Farms and gardens
- Bicycle hire located close to the hotel (Limited number of adult bikes available at The Brehon)
- Lake Cruise